7.11.2008

i just called to say..... the same thing.

years ago, i dated a charming south african who, when he'd leave phone messages, would say:

south african: (read it with a clippy accent)
hello beautiful!! it's -----.
just calling to say hi,
see how you're doing..... give me a call when you get a chance.

fine. sweet message. hearing his accent melted me a bit.

the next day:

south african:
hello beautiful!! it's ---.
just calling to say hi,
see how you're doing.....give me call when you the chance.


the 3 rd message (about a week later):
hello beautiful!! it's---.
just calling to say hi,
see how you're doing.... give me a call when you get the chance.

finally, i called him on it. he laughed, but hadn't noticed.

last week:
hello beautiful!! it's ---.
just calling to say hi,
see how you're doing... give me a call when you get the chance.





some things never change...

No comments: