1.11.2009

ok, ok, FINE!


i HATE self-portraits*.
hate.
yes, i know i put a bazillion pics of myself on the blog,
but i'm not usually taking them and i'm most always with other people.....

the hair hasn't been this short since my brilliant portrayal of anne frank
(then, it was a fugly blunt cut).
i vowed, i'd never cut it again....

cut to this year, when my thyroid went haywire and chunks of hair fell out,
i had no choice but to go shorty again.

* discourse on the "deranged bird" and "kissey face" shots soon to come.

but, i told you i'd show the bob... and here it is....



i curled the hair back with a big ole curling iron after straightening...


the flat ironed do.

i'll be brave enough to go curly soon....
i'll let you know how that turns out...

pretty sure my greatest fear was that i'd have a stacked-mom-bob or
that i'd look like a white trash dance teacher (no offense).....

but i'm kinda digging it.

11 comments:

Kim said...

It's adorable. I love it.

Kika+Trevor said...

especially on the last pic, you look a lot like Kathy, you two are so beautiful! :)

andrea said...

Very cute. No reason for tears!

And I agree with the above post....I had to take a second look at that last photo to make sure it was you and not a picture of your mom!

Krystal said...

i like it!

Kat said...

I'm not sure what I'm digging more. . . your cute discourse on fugly mom hair (which was totally my fear as well) or the amazing SNOW WHITE angel on top of your tree in the background! Is that really snow white? That is genius.
And you look kinda cute too!

ps- rode the train home tonight (the local not the express) with a certain boy. progress is being made.
xo

Barb @ getupandplay said...

I LOVE IT! And I think it is very chic and hip (a la Katie Holmes or Kate Walsh). You make me brave- I'm curly, too, and want to see how the curly 'do works out for you (maybe it will give me courage, too!)

Emily said...

it's super cute! i think you look great!

Carolyn said...

I really like it, looks great on you!

sarah marie. said...

love it curly!

Eliza said...

it looks amanzing!

emily said...

I love it! Now I'm glad I said to go for it all those months ago.