3.10.2009

meet my besties: Laura


laura (osnes) johnson
(aka. la-la)

i met la-la before she met me. i voted like a super-fan when she competed for the role of "sandy" on natnl. television on "grease: you're the one that i want."
and discovered  that, not only is she the most brilliantly talented ingenue of my generation, she's also the most grounded, lovely, and thoughtful woman of substance.

we bonded over cupcakes, christian living, game nights, girls nights, movie nights, 
rydell high events and success celebrations. 
broadway baseball league . summer 2008 . central park 
sN, me (i PROMISE i'm wearing clothes.... think i had just come from teaching yoga) 
nathan (the husb) & laura

Where do you live? 
 A one-bedroom apartment on the upper west side of Manhattan.

what is your favorite color?
 Blue or Jungle Green

what is your favorite city?
 NYC, of course!

What is your favorite thing to cook?
 Does baking count? Brownies or Cupcakes! 

What beauty product can you not live without?
  MAC studio fix
(best onstage base)

what is your favorite nyc restaurant? 
 Cassellula or Max Brenner's

What is one thing you can’t help but splurge on? 
  Ya know, I'm not a splurger.  But it'd probably be a really good meal or date night!

What is your favorite word? 
 Cuddle

What movie can you recite by heart?
 The Wizard of Oz

What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
 Perform in a show!  Hahaa! 

which tv show makes you happiest?
 "24" is my favorite

what is your favorite beverage?
 Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

What is one trend that totally victimized you? 
  I had velcro shoes up until last year.
(i'm loving you for that!)

If you could trade lives with anyone for a day who would you chose?
  My 5-month old nephew, Noah.  It'd be fun to be a baby again.

What is your favorite comfort food? 
  Ice. Cream. 

What famous person do you think you most resemble? 
  Everyone says Rachel McAdams  

what is your favorite adventure that we've shared?
  Besides singing with you in front of the Mormon church or performing at Radio City for the TONYS, probably giggling over cupcakes on that Enchanted Evening.   

What was the best piece of advice you were ever given? Who gave it to you?
   Jesus loves me, this I know.  -- Dad

What three possessions do you value most? 
   My scrapbooks, my camera, my bible

What three non-material things do you value most? 
   My husband (is he considered "material"?), Honesty, Faith

When was the last time you told someone you loved them? Who was it? 
    About 30 minutes ago to my hubby.

la-la opens TONIGHT 
as nellie forbush in 
south pacific
on broadway!!!

break legs, sister!
i love you!