i've had lots of questions... here are some answers:
- what nights are you in the show? - every night (unless i'm sick) i'll be onstage playing Ms. Henkel wife to Mr. Henkel and mother to 3 Henkel teens. that is my ensemble track.
- what nights are you playing "Rosie"? at this point i don't know when/if i'll be playing "rosie." the gorgeous miss gina gershon ( who will be WONDERFUL ) is in the role and i'll bust into those spanish rose shoes whenever she is under the weather or has a prior commitment. i do not have any idea when that will be...... so come see the show and you just may get lucky. either way, you'll see me on stage.
- what is the difference btwn a cover, understudy, and standby? a cover and understudy are usually the same thing. it's usually an onstage ensemble member or offstage swing who have ensemble responsibilities and also are prepared to perform in a principal role. a standby is not in the show. they wait offstage until they are called upon.
- do you have access to free tickets? no. even my parents have to pay for tickets to see bye bye birdie. please don't even ask.
- is john stamos a good kisser? uhhhhh... i dunno. i met him yesterday. i'm sure i'll find out onstage when/if i go on for "rosie." i will say that he and gina are both really nice. we're going to have a great time.
- how long is the BBB run? the show opens for previews (meaning the show is still changing and we rehearse during the day as well as perform at night) on september 10 and we officially open on Oct 15. at this point, the show is scheduled to close on january 24... but if it's a HUGE hit, the show will remain open.... so BUY TICKETS NOW!
- do you like your costumes? LOVE LOVE LOVE... my ensemble costumes are gorgeous and the "rosie" costumes are SO fabulous. greg barnes is a costume genius.
- how long are you rehearsing? in august, we rehearse 10-6 / 6 days/week. after we move to the theatre in september, we'll start longer tech hours (where we put the costumes, lights, sets together). tech on this contract will rehearse 9 out of 10 hours.
any other questions?