3.18.2014

Green Smoothie


i did a whole body/spirit challenge at the beginning of this year with my sisters, mom, and friends.
one of the guidelines was to eat 6 servings of vegetables... which was reeeeally hard.
i found that the only way to make that happen was to pack in a few servings of spinach first thing in the am....

while the other good habits i created have gone to the wayside, i continue to be obsessed with my green smoothie.

seriously, you know i love my treats.
this tastes like a peanut butter split. you really can't taste the spinach at. all.
i have it every single day for one of my meals.

try it!


MIM's Green Smoothie
3/4 c. original almond milk
a big dollop of nonfat greek yogurt
a small dollop of all natural peanut butter
2-3 frozen banana chunks (remember to break the banana into pieces BEFORE you freeze)
1 T. chia seeds
2-3 ice cubes
a whole lot of spinach (i put it in last and pack the spinach to the top of the blender)

do you have a smoothie you love?

 

7 comments:

Kika VilaNova said...

Sounds yummy! Every morning I make a smoothie as well: almond coconut milk + frozen strawberries + spinach + protein powder. Love it!

Liz said...

We've been adding a carrot lately to ours, in addition to the usual (berries, banana, orange, milk, yougurt, spinach/kale, etc etc). Just one more vegetable that goes in rather unnoticed.

Fistylist said...

My recipe is similar to yours. I use unsweetened coconut milk and a dash of cinnamon. Perfection!

Sara said...

Hi Natalie, I follow you on Instagram and noticed that you mentioned how moved you were by the Schwartz piece at the MOA and I thought you would enjoy reading a post my good friend wrote about the same painting asking "what manner of angel was she?". Enjoy!:
http://syliloquies.blogspot.com/2014/03/what-manner-of-angel-was-she.html

Shannon said...

Hi Natalie! I think you might enjoy the following quote (I wish I knew the author!) that I came across tonight:

“ Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough”

Best of luck with your new relationship!

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Hey! Loved this post! I was a manhattan-ite aspiring actress/bartender before I moved back to UT and joined the church so I love to hear from kindred spirits! I wonder if in your green smoothies adventures you ever came across my YouTube cooking show, uncooking 101? I have a fun green smoothie episode on there.

I'd love to connect with you in blog land! Check out brittanybullen(dot)com, maybe you could guest post for me sometime?

All the best, Brittany